GREEK SCHOOL PRAYER
In Dimitri’s high school, Vassilis and his friends, a gang of bullies, terrorize him. When he learns that it’s his turn to say the morning prayer in front of the entire school, Vassilis becomes the only thing he can think about. But, what’s going to happen when the time comes and he stands in front of the whole school and mainly in front of him? While seeking their identity, through violence, they will inevitably test each other’s boundaries.
Cinematography & Sound Design!
the scene with the prayer!
Well-made & multi-level!
A Film Director ready for a
RADIATOR IP SALES
"PROSEFHI: GREEK SCHOOL PRAYER"
TITLE: PROSEFHI : Greek School Prayer
GENRE: Narrative Fiction | Short Film
PREMIERE: International: June 2015 (*National: 09.2014)
RUNTIME: 20 min
FORMAT: 1:2.35 Widescreen (24fps)
SHOOTING: HD 2K | Alexa ARRI
SOUND: Stereo | 5:1 Surround
FILM LANGUAGE: Greek
SUBTITLES: English, France, German
SCREENING: DCP, BluRay, ProRes4444,
KEYWORDS: Puberty | Gay-Coming-Out | Diversity | Bullying
#shortfilm #bullying #gay
Christos Karavevas as Dimitris
Stelios Karambinas as Vassilis
Kyriakos Chatzimichailidis (T-ShOrt)
Thanasis Neofotistos (NF-Films)
Production Manager: Iro Adracta
Ionna Bolomyti (Argonauts S.A)
PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer is an official educational school's material from EYFORIA program 2016, the Ministry of Greek Education and the Thessaloniki International Film Festival! The screenplay was then approved from the Greek Ministry of Education.
*FOR SUBJECTS ABOUT: Bullying & Diversity
*SCHOOL SCREENINGS: More than 350 Greek Schools
Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. School bullying is a type of bullying that occurs in an educational setting. Bullying can be physical, sexual, verbal, or emotional in nature.
*Anti-Bullying Day: 06 March
*Photos: Screenings at Greek Schools.
*Προβολές στα Σχολεία και η επικοινωνία της ταινίας με τους μαθητές!
press & interviews
festivas & awards
• GOLDEN DIONYSUS AWARD, 1st prize at 37th DRAMA DISFF.
• ENCOUNTERS ISFF 21st, Official Selection, 2015 UK.
• SAO PAULO ISFF 26th, Official Selection, 2015 Brazil.
• RAINDANCE IFF 23rd, Official Selection, 2015 UK.
• MUNICH IFF SCHOOL 35th, Official Selection, 2015 Germany.
• BEST SOUND AWARD: at DRAMA ISFF 37th, 2014 Greece.
• BEST PHOTOGRAPHY: Athens Digital IFF, OS 2015, Greece.
• GREEK ACADEMY AWARDS: Nom best Greek Short Film 2015.
• GOLDEN ODYSSEUS AWARD: 1st prize at 8th London GISFF.
• AUDIENCE CHOISE: FANDEPENDENT, ISFF OS Online 2017.
• HONORABLE MENTION: ATHENS IFF 20th, 2014 Greece.
• HONORABLE MENTION: FESTIVART, ISFF OS, Greece 2015.
• SPECIAL MENTION: Short Of The Year, OS ISFF 2016.
• AESTHETIKA ISFF, OS, BAFTAs qualifying, 2015 UK.
• CORNWALL, IFF OS, UK 2015.
• AUBAGNE, IFF OS, France 2016.
• SHORT VISION, Official Selection, Ningbo ISFF, 2015 China.
• PINK SCREENS 14th, Official Selection, 2015 Brussels.
• D'EDUCATION European IFF, 11th OS, 2015 France.
• OLYMPIA 18th Children IFF, OS Greece 2015.
• NY Union City, IFF OS, USA 2015.
• TIRANA, IFF OS, Albania 2015.
• BALKAN Beyond Borders, IFF OS, Balkans 2015.
• CYPRUS ISFF 5th, Official Selection, 2015 Cyprus.
& More.. | 5 Major Awards | 70 IFF |
O Θανάσης δεν θέλει να μείνει η «Προσευχή» ως μόνο μια ταινία για το bullying!
Για το bullying και το τέρας της εφηβείας... Σε ένα παγκάκι με τον Θανάση!
Χρυσός Διόνυσος στη μοναδική «Προσευχή» του Θανάση Νεοφώτιστου!
Ο νεαρός σκηνοθέτης
αποκάλυψη! Η «Προσευχή» και η εφηβεία του.
«Ο καλλιτέχνης οφείλει να επικοινωνεί με την αλήθεια του»
PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer is a short narrative film that negotiates, using bullying in the background, the transition to the difficult phase of puberty and its revelations. The actors chosen were amateurs, students of this age. The filming took place at the Gerakas high school of Arts. In order to capture the tension in the relationship of the main characters (Vassilis-Dimitris), camera is almost permantly at their Point Of View.
THANASIS NEOFOTISTOS is a Film Director, Writer & Architect. Member of European Film Academy, Berlinale Talents alumnus & Head Programmer of Student Int’l Competition of DramaISFF. His short films have premiered in 75th Venice IFF, in 44th TIFF Toronto & won in 42nd Clermont-Ferrand, amongst others.
► AIRHOSTES-737 (Fiction-2022-15’)
► ROUTE-3 (Fiction-2019-13')
► SPARKLING CANDLES (Fiction-2019-9')
► PATISION AVENUE (Fiction-2018-13')
► POGONISKOS (Documentary-2015-11')
► PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer (Fiction-2014-20')
► THE SUN AND THE WIND (Experimental-2013-10')
* Shot with ALEXA ARRI
* No music & sound libraries were used.
* The film was a graduation film for the A.M.C (AKMI Metropolitan College) & Q.M.U (Queen Margaret Univercity).